Call for an Appointment: 814-201-3332
Jonathan P. Van Kleunen, M.D.
Having come from a family of carpenters and engineers, I always enjoyed working with my hands and fixing things. By combining this background with a passion for medicine and a desire to improve the lives of others, orthopedic surgery became a natural career choice for me. As a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon, my goal is to diagnose your condition and restore your ability to enjoy life's activities. I am committed to listening to you, discussing your injury, and collaborating with you to find the best treatment to help you heal. I want to be available to you along your road to recovery to help guide you back to your best outcome. I have trained in many cutting-edge techniques in orthopedics and I am dedicated to providing you the most up-to-date non-operative and surgical treatment options.
In addition to my medical pursuits, I enjoy spending time with my wife and family. In our spare time, we enjoy sports and fitness, music, cooking and entertaining.
Bachelor of Chemistry, St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Orthopedic, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Sports Medicine, Mississippi Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Jackson, MS
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Philadelphia County Medical Society
- St. Joseph's University Alumni Association
- St. Joseph's University Medical Alumni Chapter
Honors & Awards:
- 1994-1995 St. Joesph's University Honors Scholar
- 1994-1998 St. Joseph's University Board of Trustees Scholarship
- 1994-1998 St. Joseph's University Dean's List
- 1996-1998 Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society
- 1998 American Chemical Society Scholar
- 1998 St. Joseph's University Medical Alumni Scholarship
- 1998 Summa Cum Laude, St. Joseph's University
Accepting New Patients?Yes, I am accepting new patients
Primary SpecialtyJoint Replacement Surgery
Other SpecialtiesArthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow and Knee
In Practice Since2011
3000 Fairway Drive
Altoona, Pennsylvania 16602
121 June Drive
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania 16673
"Dr. Van Kleunen and his nursing staff have been so very kind to me since I began to be his patient in February 2012. My story has been a very difficult one, but his willingness to listen to my problems and guide me in the right direction is something I’ll always remember. When my son broke his foot, Dr. Van Kleunen fixed him right up, just in time for him to march in the marching band. I have nothing but praise for all of the doctors at Blair Orthopedics and would recommend them to everyone." -- Sarah K.
"I have always been treated well at Blair Orthopedics. Dr. Van Kleunen and his staff are helpful and explain everything very well. I will always use Blair Orthopedics for my orthopedic care." -- Linda S.